“I have stayed here for over twenty years because the staff at Refining NZ have always been world class or very close to that. It is an essential element that helps Refining NZ (to be) an excellent company” -- Refining NZ Employee
At the Refinery we strive to get everyone home safely, every day.
Safety is our number one priority at every job site.
We continually strive for higher performance around health and
safety by encouraging the attitude that we are all responsible for
keeping ourselves and our workmates safe.
Our people are passionate about health and safety and intervene to
Some of our safety and environmental initiatives include:
Please see our Environment &
Community section for more information.
- A committed Health, Safety and Environmental Team, including a
full time Emergency Services Team
- A dedicated Security Team
- World class health and safety management systems
- Onsite site specific safety training
- Annual QHSE awareness days
- Participation in World Environment Day
- Safety recognition and rewards
- Onsite Medical Centre
- Onsite recycling and worm farms